Why add MeshFusion to MODO?
• Create booleans between subdivision surface (SDS) objects
• Control the blending between the resulting surfaces
• Edit assembly instructions creatively with three intuitive editing modes (3D Tree Fusion, Schematic Fusion and Fusion Strip)
• Use with deformers and other MODO modeling tools, giving freedom to experiment more
• Final mesh output is a single unified mesh ready for further editing or export to .STL for 3D printing
Full feature list:
• Interactive live booleans based on Catmull–Clark subdivision surfaces (SDS)
• Works with MODO’s full slate of modeling tools
• Editable Fusion Strips (edge loops), that automaticly blend surfaces along boolean intersections.
• Easy clickhaul editing
• Watertight mesh export to .STL
• Convert to standard MODO meshes for further modeling and/or retopology
• Animate and render live boolean connections
• Custom '3D Boolean Tree' UI with drag and drop editing directly in the 3D viewport
• MODO Schematic View boolean editing with complete set of standard boolean nodes
• Add mesh items to the schematic via drag and drop in 3D viewports
• Custom editing layouts, with optimized display settings for MeshFusion modeling
• Additional custom scripts to help manage, manipulate and model complex boolean models
• 3D 'Qbic' mesh primitives included — perfect for MeshFusion modeling
New MeshFusion 103 features:
• Schematic Pie Menu - The Pie Menu (default key combo: Ctrl-f) is now context-sensitive with some handy Schematic Fusion Utilities when invoked in the Schematic Viewport.
• Fusion SubDiv Controls - New Buttons in Fusion Item Properties Tab: 'Set Output SubDs to Current', 'Use Output SubDs', 'Use Working SubDs'. Simple switching between preferred final/output Fusion SubDiv levels and 1-level lower working SubDiv levels.
• Qbic Cleanup - New Button in More Fusion Form: 'Cleanup Qbic Materials'. Utility function — Cleans up clutter that accumulates from Qbic Mesh Asset imports.