MODO For SolidWorks Plugin
MODO For SolidWorks Plugin
Key features include:
• Loads SOLIDWORKS 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 model sldprt, sldasm (Windows 32-bit and 64-bit)
• Reads material edits from files saved in PhotoView 360 (2010) including appearances and decals
• Allows you to import .sldprt and .sldasm files directly into MODO.
• SOLIDWORKS viewport navigation style (zoom, pan, rotate)
• PhotoView 360 component selection modes (Part, Body, Face, Appearance)
• Drag/drop material and drag/drop environment preset application
• PhotoView 360 style render quality presets
• Convert bodies to meshes and/or static meshes
• Convert parts to meshes and/or static meshes
• Select Connected by face/art/body/appearance (select a polygon and then choose the command to select all polygons tagged with the same data)
• New mesh from selection (performs Select Connected, and then places them into a new mesh item with option to rename new layer
• New mesh from face/part/body/appearance (user sets mode, selects a polygon and runs the command to create new mesh with option to rename new layer)
• Includes nine training videos (described below)
• Library of pre-built studio lighting environments (Studio Environmental Set 1) are included in the kit
• Enhanced SOLIDWORKS import
• The MODO for SOLIDWORKS kit provides additional import options for bringing SolidWorks parts, bodies and assemblies into MODO. Benefits include reduced memory usage for large files and the ability to use instances for ease of editing and reduced overhead.
• PhotoView 360 compatibility
• Your model opens in MODO with the same appearance and decal information as shown in SOLIDWORKS.
• Familiar navigation for SOLIDWORKS users
• The kit provides user interface and navigation similar to SOLIDWORKS and PhotoView 360 so you have a comfortable and consistent set of controls to work with as you leverage the advanced capabilities of MODO.
• Efficient tools for selecting and reorganizing imported models
• The kit provides tools for the often complex task of re-organizing your model data so that it is easier to apply materials. You can select imported data by appearance, part, body or face and create new layers in MODO to highlight specific parts of your design.
• Studio lighting environments let you quickly light your models
• The MODO for SOLIDWORKS kit includes the Studio Environments Set 1 kit at no extra charge. This provides a set of 51 HDRI spherical images complete with ground planes for easily obtaining professional-quality studio lighting for product shots and engineering visualizations.
• Training videos get you up to speed fast
• Training videos prepared by experts in both SOLIDWORKS and MODO guide you in the use of kit, including the SOLIDWORKS-specific user interface, CAD tools, workflow and rendering creation.
Note: You do not need to have SOLIDWORKS available on your system or network to use the MODO for SOLIDWORKS kit. It is currently only compatible with the Windows versions of MODO.